A list of features and concepts you should know as a new creator
The following list represents the core parts of your coin's page and user experience you should understand when launching your Creator Coin.
- Your Coin's home page. This is where you will bring your community to learn about and use your coin. Your coin page has a unique URL.
- Price: This is the current price of the coin based on factors such as the Circulating Supply and Total RLY Backing (both of these are below in Tabs/Sections).
- Genesis Coins: The first coins minted for a given coin. These coins go to the corresponding creator and ensure that they have the ability to own a large percentage of their Coin supply at all times, with the intention of motivating creators to behave in ways consistent with the long term value of their Coin economy. For more on genesis coins, review the TBC section.
- Flow Controls: Flow controls govern the amount of coins that can be 1) converted (to $RLY) and 2) transferred (to another user, transferring to a creator is excluded) after purchase. There are no flow controls on a fan sending a creator's coins to the creator.
The Overview tab is the first section people will see on a Creator Coin page. The main sections, Coin Uses & Benefits and Active Campaigns, make up a coin's marketplace.
In this area, the creator types out any information they want to provide about how their coin can be used. This can include benefits for holding as well as deeper explanations of items for sale in the Campaigns section. A creator can add multiple different sections within Coin Benefits and Uses, each with their own title and body of information. For a good example, see $BLAP.
The Activity tab view is a public ledger providing a high level view into a coin's economy.
- Total Supporters: The total number of Rally wallets holding some amount of the coin, including the creator's wallet.
- Total Transactions: The total number of buys, sells, and sends of a coin aggregated.
- Total RLY Backing: The total amount of $RLY tokens that sit in escrow behind the value of a coin.
- Total Support Volume: The Total RLY Backing multiplied by the current price of the $RLY token. This is the total current estimated value (ie, total liquidity) of the $RLY backing your coin's price.
- Circulating Supply: The current number of a coin that exists across all of the wallets represented by Total Supporters.
- Network Activity: The most recent coin transactions, including the type of transaction, amount, and time.
This represents the amount of a specific coin currently held by the logged in account, as well as the transactions to and from the wallet for that specific coin. For creators, this will include any coins you send from your wallet, and any coins sent to you via Send, Campaigns, and NFT sales.
Note here the "Convert" button, which allows you to buy or sell a Creator Coin using any $RLY tokens in your Rally.io account. This does not include $RLY you may have in Coinbase or a compatible Ethereum wallet. It is very common for Rally.io users to buy coins with their $RLY holdings from Rewards and the selling of other coins.