Guide: How to use the Bridge Out feature to move your Rally.io $RLY to Ethereum Mainnet
The Bridge Out feature allows you to send $RLY from your Rally.io wallet to Coinbase or any Ethereum wallet that supports all ERC-20 tokens. NOTE: Some wallets say they support ERC-20 tokens but in reality only support specific tokens and not all ERC-20 tokens, so please double check that your wallet specifically supports ALL ERC-20 tokens and/or the $RLY token specifically) Here are some wallets we suggest that support the $RLY token.
In order to Bridge Out:
- An account must be at least 7 days old
- A user must complete a KYC (know your customer) ID verification process which can take 2-3 business days for US users and longer for non-US users. KYC is a legal requirement facilitated by our partner Provenance Technologies, Inc, and can only be completed by people 18 and over.
If sending to an Ethereum wallet (versus Coinbase.com), you should hold some amount of ETH in your Ethereum wallet to cover "gas" fees for future transactions (ie, converting or moving that $RLY in your wallet). Gas fees are variable depending on a number of factors, and we recommend buying at least $20 USD worth of ETH to cover gas fees.
“Gas” refers to the fee required to successfully conduct any transaction on the Ethereum blockchain, and the fee goes directly to Ethereum miners who provide the computer power that's necessary to verify transactions and keep the network running. For more on gas, see Gas and Fees.
Login to Rally.io.
- 1.Click Trade at the upper right of the website.
- 2.Click Bridge Out.
- 3.Read the informational prompt and click Continue.
- 4.You'll see a "We need more information" prompt. Click Next.
- 5.Fill out the information in the form, including your Ethereum Address** and click Next.
- 6.Upload a form of ID such as a driver's license, passport, official residence ID card, or utility bill.
- 7.Wait for PTI*** to email you.
** If you do know your Ethereum address, open your Ethereum wallet and tap receive to display it. Whenever using this address you should copy and paste this address for accuracy.
*** PTI and Rally are separate entities.
After you complete the KYC process, you're ready to bridge out. You can only bridge out $RLY, thus if your intent is to bridge out from a Creator Coin, you must first use the Trade > Convert feature to convert your Creator Coin to $RLY, and then bridge out to your Ethereum wallet.
- 1.Log in to Rally.io.
- 2.Click Trade at the upper right of the website.
- 3.Click Bridge Out.
- 4.Read the informational prompt and click Continue.
- 5.Enter the amount of $RLY you want to bridge out and click Next.
- 7.Click Next.
- 8.Enter the Ethereum address of the wallet to which you are sending the $RLY. You should copy and paste this address from the target account/wallet for accuracy. NOTE: Sending $RLY to a wallet address that does not support $RLY may result in permanent loss of funds.
- 9.Click Next.
- 10.Review the details of the transaction. Note that there is a small fee in $RLY that we use to pay for Ethereum gas fees to complete this transaction. Click Send to complete the transaction.
The bridge out process may take several minutes to complete based on current activity on the Ethereum network.